Monday, October 4, 2010

Back to Basic Training!


I didn’t work out as much as I wanted in Germany because of my cold…now I am back in San Francisco and can’t wait to work out again – I missed it. Alhaji Turai, the trainer that I have once met with the Basic Training instructors contacted me today to ask when we are working out again….I am not sure if I am ready for another Alhaji-workout and also, I am not sure if I will be able to afford it… But without doubt, he would bring me back in shape! But right now, I feel like Basic Training will keep me busy enough, it is already very challenging for me, I am not sure if I need an extra-trainer right now… Our workout this morning was really hard, we worked out with Jenn. It was no joke. We ran approximately 1.5 miles to a place near “la petite baleen”, which is a great place for a workout. There are many square rocks so it’s ideal for step-ups and squat-jumps, toe-taps and all other kind of stuff. We did many exercises for the legs (including endless "wall-squats" and sprints) and for the abdominal muscles, I know that I’ll be sore tomorrow. Jenn is now giving me more responsibility which is great but sometimes I wonder if I will be able to meet her expectations. I really want to be a personal trainer but I also know that I have to make major improvements in order to get there. I can’t guide a group of people where 80% are running faster than I do. I have to get faster and fitter. I think that I have neglected my rest-days as well, I will try a new strategy now. I won’t go to the Bar method as often anymore (may be twice a week) and I will try to push myself beyond my pain-threshold in Basic Training workouts more often. I really want to perform well and follow my dream. I know I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment